Most common mistakes while decorating your homes
1. Envision a single room
- The most common mistake made by maximum people while designing their first home
is visualizing only one room at a time. This breaks the flow of your home resulting in
each room looking very different from the other.
- Always picture the whole house while thinking of the interiors to ensure the house looks
like a unit without fragments.
2. Rushing the decor
- While purchasing your house décor be patient and calm. Don’t purchase the entire
decor you like without thinking about the placement.
- Take time and pick the decor that will go with your interiors.
3. Directly finalizing the color paint
- Generally, when you like a paint color, you finalize it without testing it. Always make it a
point to test the color on priority basis as the color may differ or not suit your taste.
- Take a week to ensure the test paint dries up properly and then take a call on the
4. Placing all the furniture against the wall
- Most likely you will push the furniture against the wall thinking you will have more
space in the center.
- However, that is not true. Instead, focus on various furniture placements which will give
your home a variety space.
5. Shopping at a single store
- When you like the aesthetic of a store, you purchase most of your furniture from it.
- Have a mix of stores to achieve the desired look and not what the store is selling.
6. Being inspired by someone else’s choice
- Many a times you make a decision based on your friend’s choice and later realize you
could have done it your way.
- Instead, consider your home’s lighting, hard finishes before making or purchasing items
for your home.
7. Shopping for your desired space
- Purchasing items for the space you desire having will not be suitable for the space you
- Always purchase items keeping in mind your home space, it will make the placement
easier rather than over-crowding it.